1393 9th Avenue
Ridgecrest Baptist Church (demolished)
1393 9th Avenue was a church in downtown Kamloops at the corner of Fraser Street and 9th Avenue - across from Kamloops School of the Arts. It was built by the Ridgecrest Baptist Church congregation. Construction on it started in 1958, finishing in 1959.
According to the aerial maps of Kamloops on kamloops.ca, the building was demolished between 2016 and 2017.
The property is now a townhouse strata called The Walk.
May 1958: Kamloops Southern Baptist Church (renamed Ridgecrest Baptist Church in the same month) purchased land at the corner of 9th and Fraser.
September 1958: Construction begins.
June 1959: Construction completed. Ridgecrest Baptist Church moved in for their first services on 14 June 1959.
2008: Ridgecrest Baptist Church (known as Hillcrest Baptist Church by 2008) moved to a new building.
Between 2016 and 2017: Building demolished
Image from Inland Daily Sentinel, 13 September 1958, page A02
1958. Ridgeway Church New Name Chosen By Southern Baptist. Kamloops Daily Sentinel. 3 May 1958. A10
1958. Ridgecrest Baptist Start New Church. Kamloops Daily Sentinel. 13 September 1958. A02
1959. Congregation Moves Into New Church. Kamloops Daily Sentinel. 13 June 1959. A03.