702 Columbia Street
Lighthouse Christian Fellowship
702 Columbia Street is a church in downtown Kamloops on the corner of 7th Avenue and Columbia Street. It was built by the Christian & Missionary Alliance Church (Kamloops Alliance Church) in 1946. In 1967 the Alliance Church sold the building to move to their present location on the North Shore.
Currently the Lighthouse Christian Fellowship congregation meets here.
July 1946: Constructed by the Christian and Missionary Alliance as the “Alliance Tabernacle”.
January 1968: The Alliance Church moved to a new building.
September 1968: Foursquare Gospel Church began meeting in the building.
1994: The Church of the Nazarene (now Lighthouse Christian Fellowship) purchased the building and began meeting there.
1946. Come To Church (Church Directory ads). Kamloops Sentinel. 24 April 1946. A15. This ad mentions the “pending erection” of the 702 Columbia Street building.
Church Directory listings from old newspapers