635 Tranquille Road
Our Lady of Perpetual Help (OLPH)
635 Tranquille Road is a church on the North Shore of Kamloops at the corner of Tranquille Road and Poplar Street. It was built in 1953 as part of a campus of 3 buildings owned by the Roman Catholic Diocese of Kamloops.
Currently the Our Lady of Perpetual Help Parish meets in this building.
1953: 3 lots purchased by the Roman Catholic Diocese of Kamloops.
June 1953: Groundbreaking
24 December 1953: First Mass - even though there were no windows, an unfinished roof, and heating only from a wood stove.
August 1954: Construction completed. Building officially dedicated by the Roman Catholic Diocese of Kamloops.
3 December 1961: Bell installed.